Thursday 10 August 2017

Handmade journal cover (Altered Book)


Assalamu Alaikum, Maryam here again.

I've decided to make myself a journal to record the best and interesting parts of our holiday. I have used an old book of mine and removed the original pages from the spine.



I then went ahead and decided on what beautiful patterned paper I would use to design the cover.


I ended up with an earthy background and then decided to do a woodland collage with greens and browns.    


This is how it turned out (MashAllah).


I then went in with a white pen and added some highlights and drew a few flowers.




I still felt like it wasn't completely done, so I added a little bit more to it, such as a bird, another tag, more highlighting and I stamped on the word TRAVEL.



Here is the final look. (Inshallah) I will continue to post more pictures of the pages I'll sew in and I may add a few buttons to the cover too.
See you again soon (Inshallah).

~ Maryam ~

PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW BLOG:

No comments: